The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) has an established accreditation system that sets professional standards for high-quality programs for young children. NAEYC is focused on improving the well-being of young children. They put particular emphasis on the quality of educational and developmental services for children from birth through age eight.
Infant/Toddler Care and Development
Fayette County Pre-K
Big Kids School Day Plus Program
- Nutritional meals and snacks, keeping in mind that good nutrition improves both physical and mental performance.
- Creative Curriculum learning environment.
- Supervised rest and/or nap periods.
- A reasonable routine for meals, snacks, sleep, and indoor/outdoor play.
- Indoor and outdoor activities to allow for large and small muscle development of the individual child.
- A balance of quiet and active group and individual activities.
- Opportunity for self-expression in conversation, imaginative play, and creativity.
- Occasional field trips to places of interest in the community.
- Respect for each child as an individual, allowing the choice of activities and interests.
- A variety of social activities. (Grouping shall take into account the child’s level of maturity.)
- Opportunities for mixed-age experiences and interactions with the child’s age group.
- Field trips for preschool and summer camp programs/transportation provided.
- After-school services/transportation provided.